Tuesday, July 08, 2008

THE AUDACITY OF A DOPE: ASSEMBLYMAN MATTHEW TITONE SENDS ME SOME PROPAGANDA BY MAIL.

UP FRONT News July 16, 2008
Published by Tom Weiss
Editorial Advisor: Willard Whittingham
"The paper that can't be bought and can't be sold."
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/UPFRONTNewsdiscussionforumhttp://www.tomsupfrontnews.blogspot.com/

THE AUDACITY OF A DOPE: ASSEMBLYMAN MATTHEW TITONE SENDS ME SOME PROPAGANDA BY MAIL. THE FACTS ON THE WORST LEGISLATOR IN "THE
WORST STATE LEGISLATURE IN THE COUNTRY." WHY DOESN'T CIVIL RIGHTS
ACTIVIST DEBI ROSE RUN FOR THE SEAT THAT TITONE MAY THINK BELONGS
TO HIM?

By Tom Weiss

Yesterday I received some mailed propaganda at my home in Stapleton, Staten Island, from State Assemblyman Matthew Titone, perhaps the most negligent and most corrupt of the politicians being protected by Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver, one of the principal powerbrokers in what has properly been rated as "the worst state legislature in the country."

Things are for sure not much better in the State Senate where the leadership has been pro- tecting State Senator Diane Savino, (D.-S.I.) whose Chief of Staff, Robert Cataldo has had at least one totally psychotic outburst - in my presence. Some years ago, when I was homeless, I had been robbed of my hotel rent money and was in need of a letter from a local official to the Commissioner of the U.S. Social Security Administration to obtain an expedited S.S. check. Communist China-friendly Hillary Clinton, (who on a previous occasion had assisted me in this way), by then aware of my activism in support of a Free Tibet, had refused to help me. Indeed, Mrs. Clinton accompanied that refusal with a couple of explicit threats against me, one by phone (via her investigator "Mr. Zimmerman") and once by a September 5, 2003 e-mail to my quite easily intimidated brother Jim in upstate New York.

State Assemblyman John Lavelle - whose Chief of Staff was Keith Parascandola, who, following the death of Mr. Lavelle, became Chief of Staff to Titone - had completely mishandled the matter. Cataldo greeted me at my scheduled appointment with him at Savino's district office on the second floor at 36 Richmond Terrace, a short distance from the St. George Ferry Terminal, in an otherwise empty office, by bursting out of his chair, moving towards me in a distinctly threatening and menacing manner and exploding into a profanity and threat-laced tantrum accompanied by a threat to have me arrested if I did not leave at once. I did.

Not too long after that I called Savino's Albany office, where she was at her part-time job as a State Senator. She happened to answer the phone. In response to my description of what had happened in her office, Diane Savino said, "Don't worry about Cataldo." She then proceeded to willfully mishandle the Social Security matter by insisting on contacting a regional SSA official (whom she refused to identify) in New York rather than, as required by law, the Commissioner's office in Baltimore and/or Washington, D.C. I ended up almost penniless and had to borrow money from my pastor, Rev. Timothy P. Mitchell in Queens and from my closest friend, UP FRONT News Editorial Advisor Willard Whittingham in the Bronx.

As far as I am aware, not only has Diane Savino explicitly lied to me as regards a promised appointment with her to discuss a number of issues involving major violations of my human rights, as far as I am aware, she still employs the (at least occasional) madman Cataldo at taxpayer expense.

Back to Titone. When my late Attorney Jacob J. Goodman, advised me to access my elected officials in connection New York County District Attorney Robert Morgenthau's mishandling of the prosecution of neo-fascist Geofffey Blank acquaintance Wan Yun's major physical assault on me on April 7, 2005, and the subsequent post-operative negligence at Bellevue Hospital Center, I first approached Titone, who, as per a (s)election process run by the Democratic Party machine, had succeeded Lavelle in the Assembly.

In fact for months Titone refused to respond to numerous phone calls and e-mails from me.
His first response came only after a reluctant and timid intervention by (former) Sheldon Silver aide Jessica Loeser. I had been introduced to Ms. Loeser (whose husband Stu is Mayor Bloomberg's Press Secretary, the proverbial "power marriage) by my friend and advisor Steven Gradman, a Democratic political progressive, who was the Media Coodinator for my Democratic write-in campaign for the U.S. Senate against Republicrat Hillary Clinton.

It took months and the direct internvention by the somewhat machine-independent Assem- blywoman Janele Hyer-Spencer (D.-S.I.), the New York Police Department and my pastor (since I've moved to Staten Island) Demetrius Carolina of the First Central Baptist Church in Stapleton before Titone met with me. And at two meetings, both taking place at Rev. Carolina's church, Titone has done little other than make some veiled threats of non-assistance because, as he put it, I have "embarassed" him in UP FRONT News, read not only through-out Staten Island, the other four boroughs and beyond, but also quite widely by news editors, reporters and politicians in New York, Albany, and Washington.

In response to my Rev. Carolina-supported request for assistance in dealing with the negli- gence at Morgenthau's office, Titone wrote a seriously flawed belated letter to Morgenthau and, as far as I am aware, never followed it up. In response to my request for help in connection with the fact of major health-depriving negligence at Bellevue Hospital Center, where I underwent over three hours of surgery following the attack by the terrorism-linked Geoffrey Blank's pal Wan Yun, Titone also wrote a totally inadequate letter and never followed it up. In response to a number of other serious matters, Titone has done absolutely nothing.

Matthew Titone has the "audacity of a dope" to send me a mailing about his efforts at "Keeping Staten Island kids safe" in connection with some of his legislation aimed at child molesters.

This reminds me of a quotation in a recent New York Post. Overpaid New York Yankee third baseman and womanizer Alex Rodriguez was spotted sort of leering at the rear of a shapely woman walking ahead of him in Midtown Manhattan. (It's caught on camera.) In response to the reporter's question about his prurient interests, Rodriguez said he is leaving it all in the
hands of "the good Lord." Talk about taking the Lord's name in vain!

Matthew Titone, the protector of innocent little children, is the same kind of hypocrite as many of his colleagues in politics - as well as A-Rod.

Matthew Titone is guilty of gross negligence as a state assemblyman, in which capacity it is his job to represent all his constituents, even if they oppose Hillary Clinton. He wants to look good by protecting little children from the criminals. He doesn't seemed to care as much about protecting law-abiding citizen journalists from the likes of Wan Yun, Geoffrey Blank - or for that matter Robert Cataldo.

The best thing for Matthew Titone to do his to follow the example of another phony, U.S. Congressman Vito Fossella, and not run for re-election. As regards replacements, although
for some reason reason civil rights activist Debi Rose continues to insist on pursuing her no chance candidacy of the City Council, for which Rev. Tony Baker of the St. Phillips Baptist Church in Port Richmond seems to be the most most human rights-oriented announced candidate, Ms. Rose would be an immeasurably improvement over the really bad Titone.

No wonder Matthew Titone complains about being "embarassed" in UP FRONT News. He is an embarassment.

As I have said and written Matthew Titone may well be the worst legislator in "the worst state legislature in the country." Even if he is public-relations nice to children.
* * * * * * *